Connect your Slack account to hawke.ai and receive alerts (at the individual client account level) in a user-defined public Slack channel. This allows you to stay informed on account performance, issues with landing pages, struggles with goals, and budget concerns, all without checking your email or logging into hawke.ai.
Connecting Slack to hawke.ai
Step 1. From within an individual client account, navigate to Client Account Settings → Integrations. From the Slack card, click on “Connect” to start the process.
Step 2. From the drop-down click on “+ Connect New Account” (unless you have already connected with another client account), which will launch Slack’s authentication window.
Step 3. Select the public Slack channel to which you would like notifications pushed. You can add multiple public Slack channels – we find that many of our users push notifications from all of their clients into a single public channel, as well as pushing them into a client-specific notification channel. Click on “+ Add Channel” to add to the list of connected Slack channels.
Step 4. Test the connection by clicking on the “Send Test” button, then checking the associated Slack channel for a test notification.
Step 5. Save your connection.
Configuring Your Slack Alerts
Using the Alerts tab, you can easily adjust the types of alerts you wish to receive in Slack for each individual hawke.ai account. hawke.ai does not have bot responses set-up in slack. We break these into two categories:
- Protection to alert you to potential issues
- Pacing to notify you when performance is not on track
Additionally, if you would like to apply the same protection and pacing settings to all of your client accounts, simply check the box at the bottom of the page.
Distribution of Alerts
- Team members receiving alerts by email – List of team members currently configured to receive alerts for the specific account by email.
- Slack channels receiving alerts – List of Slack channels currently connected and setup to receive alerts for the specific account.
Landing Page Alerts
- Protection – Receive an alert as soon as hawke.ai identifies that a landing page is down. This applies for all landing pages from connected advertising platforms as well as your top 50 organic landing pages.
- My Domain – Receive an alert when hawke.ai identifies a search rank change in one of your keywords, for your domain, as set in SEO Rank Tracker.
- Competitor Domains – Receive an alert when hawke.ai identifies a search rank change in one of your keywords, for one of your competitors, as set in SEO Rank Tracker.
- Protection – Receive alerts when your selected goals have experienced a zero-state (metric is 0, 0%, or $0) for a defined number of days.
- Pacing – Receive alerts when your selected goals are off pace by a defined percentage over a defined number of days.
Budget Monitoring Alerts
- Protection – Receive alerts when connect ad platforms (or budget groups in Enhanced Budget Monitoring) experience a state of no media spend over a defined number of days.
- Pacing – Receive alerts when your media spend is off pace by a defined percentage over a defined number of days, when you have spent 100% of your pre-defined media budget, or when you have spent a defined percentage of your pre-defined media budget.
Q: Can I connect hawke.ai to a private Slack channel?
A: At this moment, users are not able to connect hawke.ai to private Slack channels.